Work with us
Culinary tourism is currently claimed to be the largest area of growth in the global tourism industry. Savouring Bath was established in 2016 to plug this gap in the city’s visitor economy and we have continued to play a vital role in this sector by providing high standard, culinary tourism experiences.
We are driven by:
- Our relationships with people (clients, staff, and suppliers);
- A commitment to sustainable and responsible tourism;
- The aim to attain the highest possible quality in our service provision;
- Passion and genuine love for what we do: connecting individuals over a love of handcrafted food & drink, and the independent business movement in Bath.
An appreciation and understanding of these driving powers is a requirement for anyone wishing to work with us in any capacity.
Please select the relevant tab below to find out more.
Food & Drink Businesses In Bath
CURRENT STATUS: Ongoing sourcing programme
We are always actively looking to engage with independent food & drink businesses in Bath to add to our existing list of visits for our walking tours. Working with the visitor economy can be especially rewarding for producers & retailers who are willing to engage with visitors, and Savouring Bath is highly experienced in facilitating this process as part of our tour portfolio. While we prefer a member of staff/the business owner at each visit to share the story of their product and business with our clients, our guides are expected to learn the details so they can share this when you are not available.
We work with businesses who fulfil the following criteria:
- The business must be independently owned with a maximum of 3-4 outlets under 1 brand;
- You must be producing and/or retailing food and/or drink which has been handcrafted by artisan methods, rather than mechanically produced en masse;
- You must have premises where our tour guides can safely visit with clients, and where they can sample your product(s);
We also prefer your business to have a minimum of 6 months of operational history at the venue our tours will visit, and be willing to discuss product which is suitable for sampling, which we can purchase in advance of our visits, within our predefined budgets.
If you would like to have a conversation with us about how we might be able to work together, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01225 425843.
Food & Drink businesses in the region surrounding Bath
CURRENT STATUS: not actively sourcing but open to discussion
Savouring Bath regularly take enquiries for culinary tours in the nearby region. We welcome the opportunity to engage with artisan food & drink producers we could visit with clients as part of a full or half day tour from Bath. Such businesses could include:
- Cider or cheese producers
- Farms, vineyards and agricultural producers
- Chocolatiers & confectioners
- Other small scale culinary product manufacturers
All potential businesses must have the ability to accommodate visitors in some form, and must be suitably established for such visits. Visits should provide an insight into the production of the food & drink you are making, and the story behind your product(s) and/or business, along with samples for our clients to taste. Your venue must be within reasonable driving distance from Bath, and there must be vehicle access and parking for cars or a minibus.
Further to this, we work with businesses who fulfil the following criteria:
- The business must be independently owned;
- You must be producing food and/or drink which has been handcrafted by artisan methods;
If you would like to have a conversation with us about how we might be able to work with you, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01225 425843.
Tour Guides & Administrative Staff
CURRENT STATUS: Recruiting (please read below requirements before applying). No deadline – ongoing until requirement is fulfilled.
Our freelance Tour Guides are the face of our business and represent us both with suppliers and clients. All our Guides are highly personable, and love connecting with people. They all live in Bath and their genuine passion for the city’s independent culinary industry and heritage is clear in their engagement with ur clients. Our Guides are also constantly learning: their knowledge of food history and heritage, and of Bath’s culinary and hospitality industry is constantly being refreshed. They are skilled storytellers and they are always looking for new ways to tell stories and engage different demographics, to ensure that every client has the best value experience. We remunerate competitively as a result, on a pre-defined scale, with incentive opportunities.
- Tour guiding experience is not required as we will provide training and continuing development opportunities with chances to learn and increase your repertoire and tour guiding skillset.
- All applicants must be willing and able to contribute to the administrative and/or operational areas of the business, and/or production of tours, for which we remunerate separately. Training will provided but some IT experience is required, e.g. dev and/or WordPress experience can be helpful, but some experience of MS Office and using cloud storage, will be especially beneficial.
- Applicants must live within easy reach of the city centre and be willing to work on a self-employed/freelance basis.
- The ability to present to groups, and create a personable atmosphere (e.g. sharing your own experience of Bath and the city’s food & drink scene) within a small group situation, is a necessity.
- A passionate interest in Bath and city’s food & drink scene is also a must, and a keen interest in the cultural history and heritage of the city is also a minimum requirement, though pre-existing or extensive knowledge is not necessary.
If you think you fulfil the above attributes, we would love to hear from you. Please email expressions of interest with a CV and covering message explaining why you are a good fit for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT STATUS: See categories below for details
We offer a direct booking facility to our clients on our website which is powered by Booking Hound plus channel management via TXGB. We also retail via a range of OTAs, DMCs, Tour Operators, and accommodation providers in Bath. We can offer a range of retail options including:
- An affiliates booking widget for your website;
- Reseller access to our booking portal;
- Channel management with your integrated booking provider, via TXGB.
If you are currently a distributor with TXGB and would like to sell our tours, please email email@example.com with details of your requirements and we will opt-in as appropriate and/or reply to you within 48 hours.
Other Distributors & Booking Platform providers:
If you are not a TXGB distributor and would like to sell our tours, please note that we are a micro-business with limited administrative capacity to manage multiple 3rd party booking platforms. However, we can offer various options for you to manage distribution yourself, through our affiliates and resellers programme.
We take requests weekly from 3rd parties asking us to sign up to their distribution channel or booking platform. Although we would love to chat, please consider carefully the set up and management requirement you will need from us before contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not currently looking to engage any further 3rd party booking providers who do not offer channel management options, or who are unwilling to enrol in our reseller/affiliates programme.
DMCs & Tour Operators:
Please get in touch if you are a DMC and/or Tour Operator wishing to sell our tours to your clients. We can offer various options to book either of our product lines (scheduled and/or private tours), including a bespoke booking service for high value clients, an affiliate’s booking widget for your website, or reseller access to our booking portal.
Accommodation providers in Bath and the surrounding region:
We are a member of BIHA (formerly BIGHA) and always love to hear from local hoteliers, concierges, B&B and self-catering property owners. Please contact email@example.com or call us on 01225 425843 if you would like to start selling our tours. We are happy to visit or call you to discuss detail as necessary and we have a range of options to make distribution easy, admin-free, and worthwhile for you.
CURRENT STATUS: Not actively seeking opportunities in this area at the current time.
We are currently contributing to a locally-based charitable food project in Bath and we do not currently have any further resources to contribute to other charitable projects.
When considering charitable contributions we look for the following attributes:
- Your organisation should be independent and community focussed;
- We require evidence of longevity, e.g. up to date website, social media channels, ongoing projects;
- We prefer to work with charities who are based in Bath and work directly with food e.g., provision (such as a food bank), or creation (such as community growing projects).
Unfortunately we are no longer offering auction or raffle prizes to organisations/individuals making unsolicited enquiries.
Marketing & Advertising
CURRENT STATUS: Not recruiting
We have a comprehensive and strategical approach to both marketing and advertising. We are not currently looking to engage any new suppliers in these areas.
Tech & Payment solutions
CURRENT STATUS: Not recruiting
We are not currently looking to engage with new suppliers in these areas.