The Cheese Tour of Bath
A walking tour of Bath for cheese lovers!
This special tour of Bath introduces some of the best cheeses from the UK. As Bath is located in the cheese-county of Somerset, we’ll taste some regionally made Cheddars, but we’ll also taste locally made cheeses, which in some cases are introduced by their makers.
Commentary on Bath’s culinary heritage is included but we’ll also highlight the city’s best cheese hotspots. Parings are included too, with an unusual session introducing cheese pairing with unique teas! There’ll be another tasting of locally made cheeses, before we finish by tantalising your taste buds with a wine & cheese pairing, giving you a chance to road-test the cheese knowledge you’ve gained!
This is a fun and informative tour for cheese lovers wanting to sample exceptional artisan cheeses. It’s an especially great option for those who are relatively new to the world of cheese, or those keen to learn about artisan cheeses!
Included in this tour
- A ‘semi-private’ tour with a minimum of 2, and maximum of 6 participants.
- A friendly and personable, locally-based Tour Guide and cheese expert, who has extensive experience of Bath’s independent food & drink industry.
- At least 10 different cheese samples to taste over the course of the tour.
- Hints and tips on tasting, plus a short pairing session with a selection of wines or fine teas (normally both)!
- Our Tour Guide’s personal recommendations and advice on local food & drink hotspots serving great cheese.
- A handout provided at the end of the tour detailing all the cheeses you have tasted during our time together.
- High standards of health & safety, independently assessed by Quality in Tourism and accredited to Safe, Clean & Legal™ requirements.
- An incredible cheese sampling experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!
Our “Cheese Tour of Bath” includes:
- Gluten: in a minimal amount of samples
- Dairy: in the majority of samples offered
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALCOHOL (WINE) IS INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR FOR FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS.
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: n/a
The Cheese Tour of Bath works best for: participants with a broad palette who are able to consume gluten and dairy products, and animal products.
It provides limited value for: participants who are vegetarian, and/or not able to consume gluten products, and/or wine.
We do not recommended this tour for: participants requiring an entirely plant-based, and/or dairy-free diet; and vegetarians who are unable to consume cheeses made with traditional rennet.
If you need advice regarding suitability of this tour, please contact us before making a booking. We’ll advise and accommodate as best we can based on what you tell us about your special dietary requirements.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.
“Bring a broad palette & a culinary sense of adventure, and explore Bath using your tastebuds!”
Our 2022 season of scheduled tours is now over. Tours in 2023 will be available to book from late January.
If you would like to book a private tour please get in touch.
Private food tours of Bath
Our private food tours of Bath are bespoke entirely to your needs and requests. You’ll have the services of one of our locally based, and expert culinary tour guides to yourself for the duration of the tour.
To make your tour extra special, we’ll ask you about your preferences so we can create an itinerary customised to suit you. Our wide range of connections with Bath’s incredible artisan culinary businesses, ensures we can design an itinerary just for you.