“THE CHEESE TOUR OF BATH”: TASTE ARTISAN CHEESES IN A GEORGIAN CITY
Tour Duration : ~1.5-2 hours
Price per person : £40
Capacity : min 2 participants, max 6 participants
Schedule : The schedule for this tour is now over for 2021, but we are operating a limited schedule in January available to book now via the link below. Please check back here soon as we’ll update the rest of our availability for this tour in 2022 once dates are finalised.
Cheese pairings : 10:30am tours – tea; 1pm & 3:30pm tours – wine
Availability : Advance booking only by minimum of 48 hours in advance
Private tours : This tour is also available privately on request.
Please use the ‘Book now’ button to check availability on the date you require.
A walking tour of Bath for cheese lovers!
We’ll begin our whistle stop tour of Bath with a simple palette-training showing you how to taste like a pro. You’ll learn simple techniques which show how to isolate simple flavours, and define the cheese you’ll be tasting. Then we’ll delve into the real thing and being in the cheese-county of Somerset, we’ll taste some regionally made Cheddars.
Next we head off on a short trail of Bath’s culinary heritage, highlighting the city’s best cheese hotspots. There’ll be another tasting of locally made cheeses, before we finish by tantalising your taste buds with a cheese pairing, giving you a chance to road-test the cheese knowledge you’ve gained!
This is a fun and informative tour for cheese lovers wanting to take a short tour of Bath, and taste a range of exceptional artisan cheeses. It’s an especially great option for those who are relatively new to the world of cheese, or those keen to learn about artisan cheeses!
Experience Bath using your tastebuds and tantalise your palette with some of the best artisan cheeses!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
Included in this tour:
- ‘Semi-private’ tour: a minimum of 2, and maximum of 8 participants;
- A friendly and personable Tour Guide: who is locally-based and qualified by the Academy of Cheese and World Food Travel Association;
- Tutored tasting: providing you with simple skills to taste cheese like a pro;
- At least 7 different cheeses: to taste, including locally-produced and European cheeses;
- Cheese pairing: with the chance to learn how to best enjoy cheese with other food & drink;
- Anecdotal tales: of Bath’s culinary heritage, food & drink history and legends;
- Our personal recommendations: and advice on local food, drink and shopping hot spots;
- High standards of health & safety: independently assessed by Quality in Tourism and accredited to Safe, Clean & Legal™ requirements;
If the date you require for a tour is not available, click here to let us your requirements for a private tour!
Special Dietary Information:
Our “Cheese Tour of Bath” includes:
- Gluten: in a minimal amount of samples
- Dairy: in the majority of samples offered
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: vegetarians and pescatarians IF you tell us in advance.
The Cheese Tour of Bath works best for: participants with a broad palette who are able to consume gluten and dairy products, and vegetarians
It provides limited value for: participants who are not able to consume gluten products, and/or wine (N.B. some tours offer alternatives to wine – get in touch for details)
We do not recommended this tour for: participants requiring an entirely plant-based, and/or dairy-free diet
If you need advice regarding suitability of this tour, please contact us before making a booking. We’ll advise and accommodate as best we can based on what you tell us about your special dietary requirements.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.