SATURDAY AFTERNOON SAMPLINGS!
Tour Duration – 3 hours | Price per person – £55
Capacity – min. 2 participants, max 8 participants
Schedule – Saturdays at 1:30pm
Please use the ‘Book now’ button to check availability on the date you require. If your required date is no longer available or if would like to book this tour on any other date, ‘contact us’ now with your requirements!
On Saturday afternoons we offer a magical mystery tour for the taste buds which takes in a series of 6 tastings with some of the best of Bath’s artisan food and drink producers and retailers!
We carefully curate a selection of samplings with different suppliers each week ranging from Asian-style street food to hand-made sweet treats. With exceptional cheese, flavoursome charcuterie, creative elixirs and much more, this tour is perfect for anyone with a broad palette keen to enjoy a mix of different flavours & textures!
At around 3 hours duration, this walking & sampling tour is easy to fit in on a weekend shopping trip or a short visit to the city. The total samples included are the equivalent to a reasonably sized lunch and we’ll also include a little of Bath’s culinary history so it’s a great way to experience the city for the first time or just from a different perspective to the norm!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
Included in this tour:
- A friendly, locally-based, & knowledgable tour guide, with all the best foodie tips, who is also passionate about Bath, our suppliers, and our foodie culture;
- A variety of at least 6 different food/drink tastings, the total of which represents a light meal;
- A maximum of 8 people on each tour so everything is nicely intimate & enjoyable!;
- A mix of tastings which are interior standing/seated, and exterior standing, each with premium samples;
- Highlights of Bath’s legendary history plus British food & drink history & customs;
- Low down on local food, drink & shopping hot spots;
- More food walking and less food talking so we can spend quality time enjoying the grub!;
- A comprehensive handout with dining, drinking & shopping suggestions;
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting most of our suppliers so you can retrace your steps;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!
PLEASE NOTE: This tour often involves walking much further than our other tours, and is not best suited to those who struggle to walk or stand for long periods. The furthest distance covered between 2 suppliers is roughly 0.7 miles, over ~15-20 mins.
Special Dietary Information:
Our “Saturday Bites” tour includes:
- Gluten: avoidable in all cases
- Dairy/lactose: avoidable in most cases
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: vegetarians, pescatarians, vegan and gluten free diets
This tour works best for: most people, including participants requiring a gluten-free diet; participants with dairy-free or entirely plant-based dietary requirements may lose out on at least one sample/visit.
This tour provides limited value for: n/a
This tour is not recommended for: n/a
Please be aware that samples and supplier visits on this tour change periodically depending on supplier availability. We will always provide as best we can according to any dietary restrictions notified to us in advance.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.
This tour occasionally includes an alcoholic beverage which will not be served to under 18s. If you look under the age of 25 you may be asked to show ID before our supplier offers you any alcoholic samples.