“CULINARY COMFORTS”: CAREFULLY CURATED FOOD & DRINK SAMPLING TOUR OF BATH
Tour Duration : ~2.5-3 hours
Price per person : £65
Capacity : min 2 participants; max 5 participants up to 3rd July, max 8 participants from 10th July onwards
Schedule: (5th to 22nd May) Tues to Sat daily at 9:45am and 2pm; (from 29th May) Saturdays only at 2pm
Availability : Advance booking only, by a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Please use the ‘Book now’ button to check availability on the date you require.
Celebration Packages – These are available to be added per person when you book this tour.
This tour can also be booked privately: from £65 per person (minimum purchase required). Get in touch for details & a quote.
This tour complies with Visit England’s “We’re Good To Go” marque, and the World Travel & Tourism Council’s “Safe Travels” stamp. Click the logos for more details, or scroll down to read a summary of what we do to help keep you safe during this tour.
Bring an empty stomach, a broad palette, and a culinary sense of adventure as you let your tastebuds do the walking!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
Included in this tour:
- A ‘semi-private’ tour with a minimum of 2, and maximum of 8 participants;
- A friendly and personable, locally-based Tour Guide, who has extensive experience of Bath’s independent food & drink industry;
- A wide variety of food and drink tastings (savoury and sweet), the total of which represents a meal;
- Anecdotal tales of Bath’s culinary heritage, food & drink history and legends, and the inspiring stories of our artisan suppliers;
- Our Tour Guide’s personal recommendations and advice on local food, drink and shopping hot spots;
- A bespoke map of the city highlighting our suppliers so you can retrace your steps, plus a comprehensive, best-of-the-rest handout;
- An incredible culinary sampling experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!
If the date you require for a tour is not available, click here to let us know your requirements for a private tour.
Special Dietary Information:
We do not recommend our Culinary Comforts food tour for anyone with severe allergies or intolerances. Samples on this tour are likely to contain:
- Gluten: in around half of the samples offered
- Dairy/lactose: in more than half of the samples offered
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: vegetarians and pescatarians
Culinary Comforts works best for: participants with a broad palette who are able to consume gluten and dairy products;
It provides limited value for: participants who are not able to consume gluten or dairy products;
We do not recommended this tour for: participants requiring an entirely plant-based, and/or gluten-free or dairy/lactose-free diet.
If you need advice regarding suitability of this tour, please contact us before making a booking. We’ll advise and accommodate as best we can based on what you tell us about your special dietary requirements.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.
COVID-19: What we do to help keep you safe during our "Culinary Comforts" tour
- All tour participants must adhere to government social distancing guidelines and restrictions in place at the time of your tour. Your guide will clarify these before the tour begins;
- While restrictions remain in place:
- Tour commentary will be delivered at outdoor settings;
- Seating will not be utilised at the majority of visits (where seating is used it will only be at outdoor settings);
- For further information read our Health & Safety Guide.
Flexible Booking Terms
Our standard booking terms account for cancellation or exchange up to 2 weeks prior to your booked tour. The following exceptions apply to this tour while social distancing restrictions remain in place. Booking your tour under these flexible terms offers you increased security and confidence that you can cancel at short notice.
- For bookings made for our “Culinary Comforts” tour up to 22nd May 2021:
- We will only pre-authorise your payment card rather than charging you in full at the time you make your booking;
- We will then take full payment ~48-24 hrs prior to your tour. You will receive an updated confirmation once your payment card has been charged;
- If you inform us that you wish to cancel your tickets before payment has been taken, no charge will be made;
- Cancellation or exchange requests made less than 48 hours prior to the tour are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- For tours booked on 23rd May 2021 or thereafter:
- Your card will be charged at the time you make your booking and your booking is subject to our standard booking terms.
You can read our standard booking terms here where you will find the full version of our flexible booking terms.