CULINARY COMFORTS FOOD TOUR OF BATH
Tour Duration : ~2.5-3 hours
Price per person : £65
Capacity : min 2 participants, max 5 participants
N.B. While social distancing restrictions remain in place, all participants must be from the same household
Schedule : Daily from Wednesday to Saturday at 9:45am and 2pm (alternative times may be available on request)
Availability : Advance booking only by minimum of 48 hours in advance
Savouring Bath is closed from 24th December 2020 to 5th January 2021.
Please use the ‘Book now’ button to check availability on the date you require.
This tour complies with Visit England’s “We’re Good To Go” marque. Click the logo for more details, or scroll down to read a summary of what we do to help keep you safe during this tour.
Bring an empty stomach, a broad palette, and a culinary sense of adventure as you let your tastebuds do the walking!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
Included in this tour:
- A friendly and personable, locally-based Tour Guide, who has extensive experience of Bath’s independent food & drink industry;
- A wide variety of food and drink tastings (savoury and sweet), the total of which represents a meal;
- Anecdotal tales of Bath’s culinary heritage, British food and drink history, and the stories of our artisan suppliers;
- Our Tour Guide’s personal recommendations and advice on local food, drink and shopping hot spots;
- A comprehensive handout with dining, drinking and shopping suggestions;
- A bespoke map of the city highlighting our suppliers so you can retrace your steps;
- An incredible culinary sampling experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage City of Bath!
If the date you require for a tour is not available, click here to let us your requirements for a private tour!
Special Dietary Information:
We do not recommend our Culinary Comforts food tour for anyone with severe allergies or intolerances. Samples on this tour are likely to contain:
- Gluten: in around half of the samples offered
- Dairy/lactose: in more than half of the samples offered
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: vegetarians and pescatarians
Culinary Comforts works best for: participants with a broad palette who are able to consume gluten and dairy products;
It provides limited value for: participants who are not able to consume gluten or dairy products;
We do not recommended this tour for: participants requiring an entirely plant-based, and/or gluten-free or dairy/lactose-free diet.
If you need advice regarding suitability of this tour, please contact us before making a booking. We’ll advise and accommodate as best we can based on what you tell us about your special dietary requirements.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.
COVID-19: What we do to help keep you safe during our “Culinary Comforts” tour
- During your tour, all participants must observe current government social distancing guidelines according to the current Tier restrictions imposed on the City of Bath. These will be clarified by your guide at the start of the tour;
- While Tier 2 restrictions remain in place in the City of Bath, most tour commentary will be delivered only in outdoor settings. This is regardless of weather conditions. Seating will not be utilised at the majority of visits;
- You may be asked to enter supplier premises to collect food/drink included in your tour. Alternatively, samples may be collected by your guide (in closed containers) and shared with you at a convenient space nearby. This is in order to comply with social distancing guidelines;
- For further information read our Health & Safety Guide;
Flexible Booking Terms
Our standard booking terms account for cancellation/exchange up to 2 weeks prior to your booked tour. While social distancing restrictions remain in place, bookings for this tour are subject to the following exceptions. These flexible terms offer increased security and confidence for you to book our tour.
- Payment cards will be pre-authorised for payment when you book your tour, rather than being charged in full. Full payment will be taken at ~24 hrs prior to your tour.
- If you inform us that you wish to cancel your tickets before payment has been taken from your payment card, there will be no charge to you at all.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made less than 24 hours prior to the tour are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
This information is incorporated in a separate section of our standard booking terms which you can read here.