COMFORTING CREATIONS FROM CULINARY CREATORS!
Tour Duration – 3 hours | Price per person – £55
Capacity – min 2 participants, max 8 participants
Schedule – Daily from Wednesday to Saturday at 2pm (alternative times may be available on request)
Please use the ‘Book now’ button to check availability on the date you require.
To comply with current social distancing guidelines a maximum of 5 tickets only are currently available per tour, or we can accommodate up to 7 from 1 household on a private tour (get in touch for details).
This tour complies with the industry trademark “We’re Good To Go”. Click the logo for more details, or scroll down to read a summary of what we do to help keep you safe during this tour.
Bring an empty stomach, a broad palette, and a culinary sense of adventure as you let your tastebuds do the walking!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
Included in this tour:
- A friendly, locally-based, & knowledgable tour guide, with all the best foodie tips, who is also passionate about Bath, our suppliers, and our foodie culture;
- A variety of up to 8 different food and drink tastings (savoury & sweet), the total of which represents a light meal;
- Anecdotal highlights of Bath’s culinary history plus British food & and the stories of our artisan suppliers;
- Low down on local food, drink & shopping hot spots;
- A comprehensive handout with dining, drinking & shopping suggestions (sent by email after the tour);
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting most of our suppliers so you can retrace your steps (also sent by email after the tour);
- An incredible culinary sampling experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!
PLEASE NOTE: This tour occasionally involves walking much further than our other tours, and may not be well suited to those who struggle to walk or stand for long periods. The furthest distance covered between 2 suppliers is roughly 0.5 miles, over ~15-20 mins. If you are likely to struggle with this distance, please contact us for advice prior to booking as we may be able to adjust our route to accommodate you.
If the date you require for a tour is not available, click here to let us your requirements for a private tour!
Special Dietary Information:
Our “Culinary Comforts” tour includes:
- Gluten: in around half of the samples offered
- Dairy/lactose: in more than half of the samples offered
Samples on this tour can be adjusted to accommodate: vegetarians and pescatarians
This tour works best for: participants with a broad palette who are able to consume gluten and dairy products; and vegetarians
This tour provides limited value for: participants who are not able to consume products containing gluten;
This tour is not recommended for: participants requiring an entirely plant-based, and/or dairy/lactose-free diet
Samples on this tour change each time we operate the tour, depending on availability. If you have specific dietary needs, please include the details when you make your booking or contact us in advance, and we’ll advise and accommodate as best we can.
Please see our Special Dietary Requirements Policy for more detailed information.
This tour sometimes includes an alcoholic beverage which will not be served to under 18s. If you look under the age of 25 you may be asked to show ID before our supplier offers you any alcoholic samples.
What we do to help keep you safe during our “Culinary Comforts” tour:
- During your tour, all participants must observe current government social distancing guidelines which will be reiterated by your guide at the start of the tour;
- Please be prepared for the majority of visits to take place outdoors with curb-side/exterior visits, and limited interior/seated visits;
- You may be asked to enter supplier premises to collect food/drink included in your tour, or samples may be collected by your guide (in closed containers) and shared with you at a convenient & comfortable space nearby, in order to maintain social distancing guidelines;
- Interior visits will only take place if availability and/or social distancing permits;
- You may be asked to bring some items with you such as a hand sanitiser, and a face covering. Details will be specified in your booking confirmation.
For further information read our Health & Safety Guide.
Flexible Booking Terms
Our standard booking terms account for cancellation/exchange up to 2 weeks prior to your booked tour. For the purposes of this tour however, and while social distancing restrictions remain in place, all bookings are subject to the following exceptions to our standard terms & conditions to provide you with more flexibility and confidence in booking our tour.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made more than 3 days prior to the tour or event date are subject to an administrative fee of £2.50 per ticket.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 3 days before the confirmed tour or event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
This information is incorporated in a separate section of our standard booking terms which you can read here.