Savouring Bath Booking Terms
The following terms and conditions apply to all tours and events operated by Akeman Tours Ltd. (a company registered in England and Wales, reg. no. 11796983), trading as ‘Savouring Bath’. This document sets out the terms by which Akeman Tours Ltd. (‘Us’, ‘We’, or ‘Our’) provides a tour or event for the person or parties (‘you’, ‘your’, or ‘the group’) booking the tour.
You acknowledge and agree that by accessing our website, and/or ticking the ‘I accept all terms and conditions’ box, you will be bound by these terms and conditions as written.
Savouring Bath operates food and drink tours and experiences. We work in conjunction with various businesses in Bath and the surrounding area, most of whom require advance booking and payment for their services provided as part of our tours & experiences. This relationship leads how we operate and defines the terms and conditions of our service provision to you as listed below.
General Booking and Cancellation/Exchange Information:
- The following payment, cancellation, and exchange terms apply to all bookings made via our website. If you have made a booking through one of our associated sales distributors, please refer to them for their terms of sale.
- Payment terms vary according to the type of tour or event you are booking. Please see information regarding eligibility for exchanges and cancellations listed by tour category below.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have correctly selected your required tour/event before making a payment. Refunds and exchanges will only be provided at our discretion and as per our conditions listed below.
- On completion of your booking and/or payment, you will receive a confirmation email with details of any payment taken, along with joining instructions for your tour & any further relevant advice.
- We are not liable for any exchange rate fees or bank charges you incur as a result of making any payment to us.
- All cancellation or exchange requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- In order to avoid fraud, approved refunds will only be issued to the payment card used to pay for your booking and not by BACS, or to an alternative card.
- All refunds will be issued in GBP unless vouchers were used to pay for your tour, in which case you will be refunded with new vouchers.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel a tour due to unforeseen circumstances, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity and your event/tour will be refunded to you in full. Under these circumstances, as an alternative to a refund, we will offer you the option to reschedule your event/tour, or exchange your tickets for gift vouchers, at no additional charge.
- These terms were last updated on Tuesday 23rd February 2021. Your booking is subject to the terms which appear on this page on the date you made/make your booking. All previous versions of these terms are archived to show the dates between which they are valid. If you would like to see previous versions of these terms please contact us with the relevant date, and we will reply to you within 14 days maximum.
Scheduled Tours (including scheduled online/virtual tours):
- ‘Scheduled tours’ are tours or events which are scheduled on a regular basis. This includes scheduled events and presentations which are delivered online.
- Each ticket purchased permits the bearer 1 place on the tour described in the booking confirmation, at the time shown.
- Each participant on any scheduled tour must hold a valid ticket, which must have been purchased in advance via our website or an approved 3rd party.
- Please note that while the Coronavirus pandemic contains to affect the United Kingdom, we have developed exceptions to the following terms, which are detailed in red below and only valid as described. We currently expect to discontinue these flexible terms by mid-July 2021, but we will post further detail in due course, which will be based on HM Government advice and social restrictions.
Payments, Cancellation, Refund and Exchange Requests
- Cancellation or exchange requests made more than 2 weeks prior to the tour or event date are subject to an administrative fee of £2.50 per ticket.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 2 weeks before the confirmed tour or event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Private Tours and Events
(including privately booked online/virtual tours/events)
Private tours and events are provided exclusively for a group of participants, at the request of a ‘Group Co-Ordinator’.
- Any quote of availability and/or price for a private tour is valid for a maximum of 1 week. If validity of our quote is less than 1 week, we will stipulate this in our quote to you.
- Full payment for all tours/events must be made a minimum of 1 month in advance of your tour date, unless otherwise stipulated in your quote.
- If the date for your private tour is more than 1 month away, we may require payment of a non-refundable deposit of £25 per ticket, to secure the date of your tour/event. We will stipulate the details of this in our quote to you.
- Your booking is not confirmed until full payment, or payment of your deposit is received by us. While your booking remains unconfirmed, there is a risk that our availability may change and the date/time you require becomes unavailable.
- We reserve the right to change the format and/or nature of your tour/event if the total number of participants changes from that agreed in your confirmation email. In this instance, a refund will not be issued and if you choose to cancel the below cancellation terms apply.
Cancellations, Refund and Exchange Requests
- For cancellation requests received by us more than 1 month prior to the tour/event we will provide a refund of any amount so far paid, less an administrative fee of no more than £25 per ticket.
- Requests to change the date/time of your tour, received by us more than 1 month prior to the tour/event, are subject to an administrative fee of £50.
- Cancellation or exchange requests received by us at less than 1 month prior to the tour/event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
COVID-19 Cancellation/Exchange Flexibility
While HM Government continues to issue social distancing regulations and guidelines, we are operating our tours with exceptions to our standard terms and conditions as shown below.
These terms are only valid while social restrictions /guidelines continue to be issued by HM Government. We expect to lift our flexible terms by mid-July when all bookings will revert to our standard terms. All dates mentioned below are provisional and may change depending on any further restrictions, delays to easing of restrictions, or announcements that restrictions may be eased sooner.
Compliance with Travel Advice:
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are familiar with government guidelines/restrictions which define whether or not you should join our tour.
- All tour participants must follow the rules and guidelines issued both for the region/country from where you are visiting (i.e., where you are normally resident, and/or where you have been resident in the 2 weeks prior to visiting Bath), and also the rules and guidelines issued for Bath during your visit.
- Official guidelines/laws regarding travel in your region/country may mean that you should not travel or join our tours. If this is the case, we ask that you do not book tickets for our tours until the relevant restrictions have been lifted.
- If you book tickets against published, official guidelines/regulations, we will refund your booking less our processing costs of £2.50/ticket as long as there is no government review of guidelines/restrictions due before your tour.
- If you have booked tickets and the rules/guidelines subsequently change, restricting you from joining our tours (e.g., if the region where you are resident prior to your tour is subsequently designated as a region from where you should not travel), we will provide a full refund or exchange of your tickets, based on your preference.
Bookings for “Culinary Comforts” tours made before 23/05/21 (excluding scheduled online tours/presentations):
- When you make your booking, we will ask you to provide payment card details, though we will not charge your card at this time, instead only pre-authorising the payment amount shown on your booking confirmation.
- Payment will be taken from your pre-authorised card at approximately 48-24 hours prior to your tour, following which we will send you an updated booking confirmation showing that payment has been taken.
Scheduled tours up to 03/07/21 (excluding scheduled online tours/presentations):
- Cancellation or exchange requests received by us at more than 48 hours before the tour are subject to no charges.
- Cancellation or exchange requests received by us at less than 48 hours before the tour, are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Private Tours up to 03/07/21:
- Cancellation or exchange requests received by us at more than 1 week prior to the tour or event date are subject to no further charges, although any deposits paid are non-refundable.
- Cancellation or exchange requests received by us at less than 1 week prior to the tour or event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Gift vouchers are available for purchase through our website.
- Gift vouchers are only redeemable against tickets for scheduled tours advertised on our website, and which have availability at the point of redemption.
- Gift vouchers are not available for private tours, or any other activities.
- All vouchers can only be redeemed against an advance booking using the redemption facility on our website and cannot be exchanged in person.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for a cash alternative.
- Vouchers are only valid for redemption up to the date shown on the voucher.
- If a voucher is not redeemed before its expiry date, the value is forfeit, will not be refunded, and similar product will not be offered as recompense.
The following terms apply to all tour participants regardless of where you purchased your tickets.
Code of Conduct and Liability:
- We are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items, or personal injury incurred while participating in a tour.
- All persons attending our tours/events are required to behave in a respectful manner towards each other as well as towards our staff and suppliers.
- The lead customer named on any booking, is responsible for the behaviour of all participants for whom they have booked, during their time with us.
- If anyone joining the tour/event appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if your behavior is deemed inappropriate at any point by our staff or suppliers, we reserve the right to terminate or refuse your participation in the tour or event, without refund.
- We are not responsible for any damage done to our suppliers, their property, or any injury incurred as a result of your behavior on a tour with us. Should you be responsible for loss, damage or injury while attending one of our events, you are liable for any charges due to the supplier directly.
Health & Safety, and Special Dietary Requirements:
- By agreeing to these terms & conditions you also agree to the following:
- Our tours take place regardless of weather conditions and if you choose to cancel due to inclement weather, your booking is subject to the relevant cancellation terms detailed in this document or on our website.
- On the very rare occasions we cancel a tour due to severe weather conditions, we will contact you as soon as a decision regarding cancellation is made, to offer a refund equivalent to the remaining portion of your tour, or the equivalent in gift vouchers.
- Babies, toddlers and children under 8 years old are not permitted on our scheduled tours but may be permitted on privately booked tours though only by prior arrangement.
- Participants on any tour aged between 8 and 18, must be accompanied by a responsible adult at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Strollers/pushchairs and/or prams are not permitted on our tours without prior arrangement, due to space limitations at many of our suppliers.
Online Events & Virtual Tours:
- It is your responsibility to check your system & hardware requirements and that all are functioning appropriately and are capable of accessing the online meeting platform, so that you can join the tour at the time it is delivered.
- We will provide the details of how to access the relevant meeting platform in advance by email, either in your booking confirmation or no less than 48 hours prior to the advertised start time of your tour/event.
- We will not accept responsibility for any losses or provide any refund if you are not able to attend or miss the event/tour, due to you not having checked that your system and hardware are suitable to access our meeting platform in advance of the event.
- Bookings for all events & tours delivered online are subject to the same booking terms for Scheduled tours described above, and all other terms described in this document.
Alcohol included in your tour:
- Alcoholic beverages included in any tour will only be offered by our suppliers if you are of legal drinking age (i.e., 18+ years old);
- Proof of your age may be required if you look under the age of 25.
- If alcohol is included or likely to be included in your tour, this will be detailed in the tour description on our website.
- If you are not able to consume alcohol, we offer no alternative, compensation or refund, in cases where this has been included in the tour.
Pets and Assistance Animals:
- We are not able to accommodate pets on our scheduled tours.
- With prior arrangement we may be able to accommodate pets on private tours. If you wish to bring your pet on a private tour, please contact us before completing your booking so we can advise.
- We are happy to accommodate assistance animals on our tours with advance notice so we can be certain all venues can accommodate your needs.
Tours provided in a language other than English:
- If you require a tour to be delivered in a language other than English, we may be able to accommodate this on a private tour only. Please specify this in your booking request so that we can include details in your quote.
- Interpreters/translators are not permitted on scheduled tours at any time.
- Private tours delivered in foreign languages incur a supplementary fee of £80 when:
- our guide delivers a private tour in a foreign language (Spanish, & Italian only are currently available).
- our guide delivers a private tour in English but works with an interpreter/translator provided by you.
- All our scheduled tours are delivered in English and all participants must have a reasonable understanding of English in order to participate.
- Any participant arriving on a tour who does not have a reasonable command of the English language and no access to interpretation, may participate only at the guide’s discretion and is solely responsible for any associated risks in not understanding the guide’s instruction at any time.
- Arriving late for your tour reduces the value of your experience with us and negatively impacts the experience of other guests.
- Please aim to arrive at the advertised meeting point for your tour/event 5-10 minutes in advance of the start time shown on your booking confirmation and event reminder.
- If you arrive later than the advertised start time of your tour, you may miss supplier visits and samples for which we offer no alternative or refund.
- We take no responsibility for any effects resulting from you or members of your group missing any visit(s) or any information provided at the start of the tour including health & safety information.
- Our tour guide may not arrive at the meeting point until the start time shown on your booking confirmation and event reminder.
Data Protection & Photography:
- Photographs and video footage may be taken during our tours for promotional or editorial purposes. These images may be used in online or printed matter.
- We will always ask you before taking any images (photo, or video) in which your image may be included, to give you the chance to avoid being recorded.
- If you do not want images of you, and/or your clients or group to be used by us, we respect this and will not do so as long as you tell us when we ask you.
- If you give us consent to use your image we may do so on our website, social media channels, and/or printed matter.
- If you subsequently decide that you no longer wish us to use your image in this or any other way, please let us know immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to remove your image as soon as is reasonably possible. However, as the image(s) will have previously been in the public domain, we take no responsibility for anyone who may have copied or used it/them elsewhere without our permission.
- Should you have a complaint about any aspect of the service provided by us or by our suppliers, please speak to the guide on your tour who will do their best to rectify the problem.
- If we are not able to resolve your complaint at the time, or if you prefer not to discuss the issue with your guide, please email us at email@example.com or call the phone number shown on your booking confirmation, as soon as possible.