Savouring Bath Booking Terms
Savouring Bath Booking Terms & Conditions
These following terms and conditions apply to all tours and events operated by Savouring Bath, a brand owned by Akeman Tours Ltd. (a company registered in England and Wales, reg. no. 11796983). This document sets out the terms in which Savouring Bath (‘Us’, ‘We’, or ‘Our’) provides a tour or event for the person or parties (‘you’, ‘your’, or ‘the group’) booking the tour.
You acknowledge and agree that by accessing our website, and/or ticking the ‘I accept all terms and conditions’ box, you will be bound by these terms and conditions as written.
Savouring Bath operates food and drink tours and experiences. We work in conjunction with various businesses in Bath and the surrounding area, all of whom require advance booking and payment for their services provided as part of our tours & experiences. This relationship leads how we operate and defines the terms and conditions of our service provision to patrons as listed below.
General Booking and Cancellation/Exchange Information:
- Bookings for all tours must be made through our website and cannot be booked in person.
- Payment terms depend on the type of tour or event you are booking. Please see additional information listed by category below.
- Once payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email containing the details of your meeting location and start time.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked your chosen tour/event at the correct time and date before making a payment. Refunds and exchanges where possible, will only be provided at the discretion of Savouring Bath and as per our conditions listed below.
- Approved refunds will be issued to the payment card or bank account used to pay for your booking and will be issued in GBP only. If vouchers were used to pay for your tour, we will provide either an exchange, or vouchers (of the same value). Savouring Bath is not liable for any exchange rate fees or bank charges incurred for any transaction.
- In the unlikely event that Savouring Bath needs to cancel a tour due to unforeseen circumstances, in advance of the advertised start time, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity and your event/tour will be refunded to you in full. Under these circumstances, as an alternative to a refund, you will be offered the option to reschedule your event/tour at no additional charge.
- All cancellation or exchange requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see additional information regarding eligibility for exchanges and cancellations listed by tour category below.
Scheduled Tours and Special Events:
‘Scheduled tours’ are tours which are scheduled on a regular basis, are detailed on our website, and are available for purchase by anyone viewing our website. ‘Special Events’ are one-off tours and/or activities, which are available to members of the public, or to limited groups of people for individual purchase.
Payments, Cancellation, Refund and Exchange Requests
- All bookings for scheduled tours and special events must be paid for in advance at the time of booking.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made more than 2 weeks prior to the tour or event date are subject to an administrative fee of £2.50 per ticket (this charge is not applicable to our travel trade partners).
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 2 weeks before the confirmed tour or event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- Exchanges are not available for Special Events.
Private Tours and Events (Excluding Foodie Frenzy)
Private tours and events are provided exclusively for a group of participants, at the request of a ‘group coordinator’. These events are not available in the public domain.
- Any quote of availability and/or price for a private tour is valid for a maximum of 1 week.
- Full payment for all tours/events must be made a minimum of 1 month in advance of your tour date, unless otherwise stipulated in your quote.
- If the date for your private tour is more than 1 month away, we require payment of a non-refundable deposit reflecting the minimum payment for 3 people to participate in a private tour at the private tour price currently advertised on our website;
- The minimum payment for all private tours/events is reflective of the price for 3 people to participate in a tour, at the private tour price currently advertised on our website;
- We reserve the right to change the format and/or nature of your tour/event if the total number of participants changes from that agreed in your confirmation email. In this instance, a refund will not be issued.
Cancellations, Refund and Exchange Requests
- For cancellation requests made more than 1 month prior to the tour/event we will offer a full refund, less an administrative fee of £100.
- Exchange requests made more than 1 month prior to the tour/event are subject to an administrative fee of £50.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 1 month before the tour/event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Deposits and Payments
- A non-refundable deposit is required a minimum of 2 months prior to the event. The amount of this deposit will be defined in our quote to you.
- Full payment is required a minimum of 1 month prior to the event.
- Due to the nature of the Foodie Frenzy event, we require a minimum of 10 participants per event. The final number of attendees must be confirmed 1month prior to the event (or at the time of booking should this be less than 1 month before the event). If, at 1 month prior to the event, there are less than 10 people scheduled to attend, the booking will be transferred to a Private Tour. Such changes are subject to administrative fees.
Cancellations or Exchange Requests
- Cancellation or Exchange requests made with less than 1 months’ notice before the event are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Private tours & events (including Foodie Frenzy)
Refunds & Exchanges
- For events paid for entirely by a Group Coordinator, all refund & exchange costs will be born by the Group Coordinator.
- For events paid for by more than one individual, we will work with the Group Coordinator to ensure that refunds (incorporating the deduction of any cancellation costs) are reimbursed equally between the individuals who have made separate payments. If there is a fee due to us for an exchange, we will coordinate this with the Group Coordinator only.
Gift vouchers are available for purchase through our website and are valid for redemption against an advance booking on various tours as shown during the purchase process. You can opt to purchase a voucher for a scheduled tour or for a private tour.
- All vouchers can only be redeemed against an advance booking using the redemption facility on our website, and cannot be exchanged in person;
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for a cash alternative;
- Vouchers are valid for a maximum of 1 year from the date of purchase, with the expiration date clearly shown on the voucher;
- If a voucher is not redeemed before its expiry date, the value is forfeit, will not be refunded, and similar product will not be offered as recompense;
- Vouchers are only exchangeable for scheduled tours advertised on our website, and which have availability at the time you wish to redeem the voucher;
Code of Conduct and Liability
- Savouring Bath is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items, or personal injury incurred while participating in a tour.
- All persons attending our tours/events are required to behave in a respectful manner towards each other and our suppliers.
- If anyone arriving at the tour/event start location appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we reserve the right to refuse their participation in the tour/event with no refund.
- If your behavior is deemed inappropriate by our staff or suppliers, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in any tour or event, without refund.
- Savouring Bath is not responsible for any damage done to our suppliers, their property, or any injury incurred as a result of your behavior on a tour with us. Should you be responsible for loss, damage or injury while attending one of our events, you are liable for any charges due to the supplier directly.
Our tours take place regardless of weather conditions and if you choose to cancel due to inclement weather, your booking is subject to the cancellation terms above.
On the very rare occasions we choose to cancel a tour due to weather conditions, this will only be as a result of:
- our guide being unable to reach the tour location due to severe weather conditions;
- our guide being on site at the tour start location and deeming the weather conditions at the advertised start time, to present a genuine threat to the safety of tour participants and/or themselves;
- our guide deeming the weather conditions at any point after the tour has begun, to present a genuine threat to the safety of tour participants and/or themselves;
In these situations we will contact you as soon as a decision regarding cancellation is made, and we will offer you a refund equivalent to the remaining portion of your tour, or the equivalent in gift vouchers.
Babies, toddlers and children under 8 years old are not permitted on our scheduled tours. However, babies, toddlers and children under eight years old may be permitted on private tours at the discretion of Savouring Bath, and only by advance agreement. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have food allergies or accessibility requirements, please inform us prior to booking your tour by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform all our suppliers on your tour, who will do their best to accommodate all needs wherever possible, but the ability to accommodate is reduced if you inform us within 1 week of your tour.
Tours provided in a language other than English
All our tours are delivered in English. However, if you require the tour to be delivered in another language we may be able to accommodate this. Tours delivered in foreign languages incur a supplementary fee of £80 when:
- our guide delivers a private tour in a foreign language (Spanish, & Italian only are currently available);
- our guide delivers a private tour in English, but works with a translator provided by you;
Translators are not permitted on scheduled tours. If you require a translator for a private tour, please ask so that we can include this in our quote to you.
We recommend that you aim to arrive at the advertised meeting point for your tour/event 5-10 minutes in advance of the advertised start time. Please be aware that all tours will start on time. Refunds will not be offered (in part or whole) if you are not present at the meeting point at the start time shown on your booking confirmation, and we will not offer alternatives for any missed visits if you join the tour late.
At the beginning of each tour, our guide will provide information about what to expect during the tour and clarification of any special dietary information you provided – it is important that you hear this in order that you get the most out of your experience with us. If you join the group after the tour has started, we will attempt to share this information with you when appropriate but this is not always possible without interrupting the tour just for you and so we accept no responsibility for any subsequent effects.
Data Protection & Photography
Photographs and video footage may be taken during our tours for promotional or editorial purposes. These images may be used online or in printed matter. We will always ask you before taking any images (photo, or video) in which your image may be included, to give you the chance to avoid being recorded in this manner. If you do not want images of you, and/or your clients or group to be used by us, we respect this and will not do so as long as you tell us when we ask you.
If you give us consent to use your image we may do so on our website and/or our social media channels, and in printed matter. If you subsequently decide that you no longer wish us to use your image in this or any other way, please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com and we will endeavour to remove your image from our website and/or social media channels as soon as is reasonably possible. However, as this image will have previously been in the public domain, we take no responsibility for anyone who may have copied it or used it elsewhere without our permission.
Alcoholic beverages included in any tour will only be offered if you are of legal drinking age (i.e. 18+ years old). Proof of your age may be required if you look under the age of 25.
Should you have a complaint about any aspect of the service provided by us or by our suppliers, please speak to the guide on your tour who will do their best to rectify the problem. If we are not able to resolve your complaint at the time, or if you prefer not to discuss the issue with your guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the phone number shown on your booking confirmation, as soon as possible.
Travel Trade bookings: Please note that if you have booked a tour with us through one of our travel trade or hotel/concierge partners, your booking is subject to their terms & conditions. Please contact your selling agent directly to confirm details.