SATURDAY AFTERNOON SAMPLINGS!
Tour Duration – 2-2.5 hours | Price per person – £40
Operating Capacity – min. 2 participants, max 8 participants
2018 Public tour schedule – Saturdays at 1:30pm until 17th November
2019 Public tour schedule – Saturdays at 1:30pm from 2nd February
PLEASE NOTE: each tour starts from a different location in the city centre – please double check your booking confirmation and/or tour reminder email (sent 2 days prior to the tour) to be sure you head to the correct departure location for your tour.
On Saturday afternoons we offer a magical mystery tour for the taste buds which takes in a series of 5 premium tastings with some of the best of Bath’s artisan food and drink producers and retailers!
We carefully curate a selection of samplings with different suppliers each week ranging from Asian-style delicacies to hand-made fudge, and from unusual teas to sourdough breads. With exceptional cheese, sumptuous smoothies, creative cakes and much more, this tour is perfect for anyone with a broad palette keen to enjoy a mix of different flavours & textures!
At around 2-2.5 hours duration, this walking/sampling tour is easy to fit in on a Saturday afternoon shopping trip or a short visit to the city. The total samples included are the equivalent to a decent sized lunch and we’ll also include a little of Bath’s culinary history so it’s a great way to experience the city for the first time or just from a different perspective to the norm!… and every tour is lead by one of our personable, friendly, & locally based guides who is passionate about the city and it’s foodie heritage, and who will make sure you get the best experience of the city’s culinary artisan offerings!!
- A friendly, locally-based, & knowledgable tour guide, with all the best foodie tips, who is also passionate about Bath, our suppliers, and our foodie culture;
- A variety of at least 5 different food and drink tastings (savoury & sweet), the total of which represents a light meal;
- Most special dietary needs catered for (with advance notice);
- A maximum tour size of 8 people so everything is nicely intimate & enjoyable!;
- A mix of tastings which are interior standing/seated, and exterior standing, each with premium samples;
- Highlights of Bath’s legendary history plus British food & drink history & customs;
- Low down on local food, drink & shopping hot spots;
- More food walking and less food talking so we can spend quality time enjoying the grub!;
- A comprehensive handout with dining, drinking & shopping suggestions;
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting most of our suppliers so you can retrace your steps;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!