HISTORICAL TASTING TOUR
Tour Duration – 2.5-3 hours | Price per person – £40
2019 Public tour schedule – Friday mornings from 8th February
Operational capacity – min 2 participants, max 10 participants
If you would like to book this tour on any other date, ‘contact us’ now with detail of your group size and the date & time you require!
This unusual foodie tour of Bath, is an historical jaunt through the foods which put Bath on the culinary map of 18th century Britain. It provides a first hand experience with sample tastings of some of the foods and drink, which were created in the UK’s great World Heritage city during it’s golden era.
We’ll discover and sample foods that were created here and became popular during the time of Beau Nash, and Jane Austen. You’ll also discover some of the lost food retail establishments from the city’s past, and hear what other great writers have had to say about the culinary creations concocted in Bath.
Join the Savouring Bath team to uncover Bath’s culinary history by using your taste buds!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
- A friendly, locally-based, & highly knowledgable guide to lead your tour, who is passionate about Bath, and the city’s foodie culture & history;
- A variety of ~6 different food and drink tastings (including alcohol beverage samples), the total of which represents a medium sized lunch;
- All tastings are of foods & drinks which have a historic tale behind them and an intimate connection with the city, which our guide will share with you;
- A maximum tour size of 10 people (per guide) so everyone can have a great experience!;
- ~3 seated tastings, plus a mix of curb-side, interior & exterior tastings;
- Detail of Bath’s legendary food history plus stories of the characters who have helped put Bath on the culinary map of the UK;
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting some of our regular suppliers and a handout which highlights some of the best independent culinary and retail outlets around the city;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath!