HISTORICAL TASTING TOUR
Tour Duration – 2 hours | Price per person – £40
Operational capacity – min 4 participants, max 12 participants per guide (multiple guides available on request)
Availability – this tour is currently only available on request, Mon-Sat, 10am to 5pm
Booking deadline – we require a minimum of 1 weeks notice to operate this tour.
If you would like to book this tour ‘Contact us’ now with details of your group size and the date & time you require!
This unusual foodie tour of Bath, led by a local Blue Badge tourist Guide, is an historical jaunt through the foods which put Bath on the culinary map of 18th century Britain. It provides a first hand experience with sample tastings of some of the foods and drink, which were created in the UK’s great World Heritage city during it’s golden era.
We’ll debunk some of the myths surrounding the spa water, and we’ll discover and sample foods that were created here and became popular during the time of Beau Nash, and Jane Austen. You’ll also discover some of the lost food retail establishments from the city’s past, and hear what other great writers have had to say about the culinary creations concocted in Bath.
Join the Savouring Bath team to discover Bath’s history by using your taste buds!
For more information read our Frequently Asked Questions
- A friendly, locally-based, & highly knowledgable Blue Badge tour guide trained to the highest national standard of tourist guiding, who is also passionate about Bath, and the city’s foodie culture & history;
- A variety of ~6 different food and drink tastings (some savoury but mostly sweet), the total of which represents a decently sized lunch;
- All tastings are of foods & drinks which have a historic tale behind them and an intimate connection with the city, which our guide will share with you;
- A maximum tour size of 15 people (per guide) so everyone can have a great experience!;
- 1 seated tasting, plus a mix of curb-side & interior tastings;
- Tour duration of about 2 hours;
- Detail of Bath’s legendary food history plus stories of the characters who have helped put Bath on the culinary map of the UK;
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting some of our regular suppliers and handout which highlights some of the best independent culinary and retail outlets around the city;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath!