HISTORICAL TASTING TOUR
Tour Duration – 2 & 1/4 hours | Price per person – £25
Dates – this tour is not currently scheduled to run as a public tour, but we hope to run it again at Easter 2018 & plan to advertise dates in the new year!
In the meantime, if you would like to book this tour exclusively for your private group or event, click ‘Contact us’ to request a date & comprehensive quote.
This unusual foodie tour of Bath, led by an expert local Blue Badge tourist Guide, is an historical jaunt through the foods which put Bath on the culinary map of 18th century Britain. It provides a first hand experience with sample tastings of some of the foods and drink, which were created in the UK’s great World Heritage city during it’s golden era.
We’ll debunk some of the myths surrounding the spa water, and we’ll discover and sample foods that were created here and became popular during the time of Beau Nash, and Jane Austen. You’ll also discover some of the lost food retail establishments from the city’s past, and hear what other great writers have had to say about the culinary creations concocted in Bath.
Join the Savouring Bath team to discover Bath’s history by using your taste buds!
- A friendly, locally-based, & highly knowledgable Blue Badge tour guide trained to the highest national standard of tourist guiding, who is also passionate about Bath, and the city’s foodie culture & history;
- A wide variety of 12 different food and drink tastings (some savoury but mostly sweet), the total of which represents a decently sized lunch, and includes 2 drinks, 1 of which is alcoholic, but with a non-alcoholic alternative;
- All tastings are of foods & drinks which have a historic tale behind them and an intimate connection with the city, which our guide will share with you;
- A maximum tour size of 15 people so everyone can have a great experience!;
- 1 seated tasting, plus a mix of curb-side & interior tastings;
- Tour duration of 2-2.5 hours;
- Detail of Bath’s legendary food history plus stories of the characters who have helped put Bath on the culinary map of the UK;
- A goodie bag with discounts & info on most of our suppliers along with a Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting some of our regular suppliers;
- A sweet treat to take away with you at the end of the tour!;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath!