Savouring Bath Booking Terms & Conditions
These following terms and conditions apply to all tours and events operated by Savouring Bath, a brand owned by Akeman Tours Ltd. (a company registered in England and Wales, reg. no. 11796983). This document sets out the terms in which Savouring Bath (‘Us’, ‘We’, or ‘Our’) provides a tour or event for the person or parties (‘you’, ‘your’, or ‘the group’) booking the tour.
You acknowledge and agree that by accessing our website, and/or ticking the ‘I accept all terms and conditions’ box, you will be bound by these terms and conditions as written.
Savouring Bath operates food and drink tours and experiences. We work in conjunction with various businesses in Bath and the surrounding area, all of whom require advance booking and payment for their services provided as part of our tours & experiences. This relationship leads how we operate and defines the terms and conditions of our service provision to patrons as listed below.
General Booking and Cancellation/Exchange Information:
- Bookings for all tours must be made through our website and cannot be booked in person.
- Payment terms depend on the type of tour or event you are booking. Please see additional information listed by category below.
- Once payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email containing the details of your meeting location and start time. Please be aware that all tours will start on time. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our tours, anyone arriving after the scheduled start time will forfeit their participation on the tour.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked your chosen tour/event at the correct time and date before making a payment. Refunds and exchanges where possible, will only be provided at the discretion of Savouring Bath and as per our conditions listed below.
- Approved refunds will be issued to the payment card or bank account used to pay for your booking and will be issued in GBP only. If vouchers were used to pay for your tour, we will provide either an exchange, or vouchers (of the same value). Savouring Bath is not liable for any exchange rate fees or bank charges incurred for any transaction.
- In the unlikely event that Savouring Bath needs to cancel a tour due to unforeseen circumstances, in advance of the advertised start time, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity and your event/tour will be refunded to you in full. Under these circumstances, as an alternative to a refund, you will be offered the option to reschedule your event/tour at no additional charge.
- All cancellation or exchange requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Please see additional information regarding eligibility for exchanges and cancellations listed by tour category below.
Scheduled Tours and Special Events:
‘Scheduled tours’ are tours which are scheduled on a regular basis, are detailed on our website, and are available for purchase by anyone viewing our website. ‘Special Events’ are one-off tours and/or activities, which are available to members of the public, or to limited groups of people for individual purchase.
Payments, Cancellation, Refund and Exchange Requests
- All bookings for scheduled tours and special events must be paid for in advance at the time of booking.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made more than 2 weeks prior to the tour or event date are subject to an administrative fee of £2.50 per ticket.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 2 weeks before the confirmed tour or event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- Exchanges are not available for Special Events.
Private Tours and Events (Excluding Foodie Frenzy)
Private tours and events are provided exclusively for a group of participants, at the request of a ‘group coordinator’. These events are not available in the public domain.
- Full payment for all tours/events must be made a minimum of 1 month in advance of your tour date, unless otherwise stipulated in your quote.
- The minimum payment for all private tours/events is £150.
- We reserve the right to change the format and/or nature of your tour/event if the total number of participants changes from that agreed in your confirmation email. In this instance, a refund will not be issued.
Cancellations, Refund and Exchange Requests
- Cancellation or exchange requests made more than 1 month before the tour/event are subject to an administrative fee of £100.
- Cancellation or exchange requests made with less than 1 month before the tour/event date are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Deposits and Payments
- A Non-refundable deposit is required a minimum of 2 months prior to the event.
- Full payment is required a minimum of 1 month prior to the event.
- Due to the nature of the Foodie Frenzy event, we require a minimum of 10 participants per event. The final number of attendees must be confirmed 1 month prior to the event (or at the time of booking should this be less than 1 month before the event). If, at 1 month prior to the event, there are less than 10 people scheduled to attend, the booking will be transferred to a Private Tour. Such changes are subject to administrative fees.
Cancellations or Exchange Requests
- Cancellation or Exchange requests made with less than 1 months’ notice before the event are subject to a fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
Code of Conduct and Liability
- Savouring Bath is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items, or personal injury incurred while participating in a tour.
- All persons attending our tours/events are required to behave in a respectful manner towards each other and our suppliers.
- If anyone arriving at the tour/event start location appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we reserve the right to refuse their participation in the tour/event with no refund.
- If your behavior is deemed inappropriate by our staff or suppliers, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in any tour or event, without refund.
- Savouring Bath is not responsible for any damage done to our suppliers, their property, or any injury incurred as a result of your behavior on a tour with us. Should you be responsible for loss, damage or injury while attending one of our events, you are liable for any charges due to the supplier directly.
Our tours take place regardless of weather conditions and if you choose to cancel due to inclement weather, your booking is subject to the cancellation terms above.
On the very rare occasions we choose to cancel a tour due to weather conditions, this will only be as a result of if:
- Our guide is unable to reach the tour location due to severe weather conditions;
- Our guide is on site at the tour location and deems the conditions to present a genuine threat to the safety of our clients and/or staff;
- During the course of the tour, our guide deems the weather conditions to present a genuine threat to their safety and/or the safety of tour participants;
In these situations we will contact you as soon as a decision regarding cancellation is made, and offer you a refund equivalent to the remaining portion of your tour, or the equivalent in gift vouchers.
Alcoholic beverages included in any tour will only be offered if you are of legal drinking age (i.e. 18+ years old). Proof of your age may be required if you look under the age of 25.
Babies, toddlers and children under 8 years old are not permitted on our scheduled tours. However, babies, toddlers and children under eight years old may be permitted on private tours at the discretion of Savouring Bath, and only by advance agreement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have food allergies or accessibility requirements, please inform us prior to booking your tour by emailing us at email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate all needs wherever possible, but our ability to accommodate is reduced if you inform us within 1 week of your tour.
Data Protection & Photography
Should you have a complaint about any aspect of the service provided by us or by our suppliers, please speak to the guide on your tour who will do their best to rectify the problem. If we are not able to resolve your complaint at the time, or if you prefer not to discuss the issue with your guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the phone number shown on your booking confirmation, as soon as possible.