Welcome to Savouring Bath!
There’s no point hiding it…
we just love good food!
Distinctive Food & Drink Adventures Await you!
All Savouring Bath tours include:
- A friendly, locally-based, & knowledgable tour guide, with all the best foodie tips, who is also passionate about Bath, our suppliers, and our foodie culture;
- A wide variety of 7-15 different food and drink tastings (savoury & sweet), the total of which represents anything from a light lunch to a dinner-sized meal, depending on the tour;
- A maximum tour size of between 8-15 people (also depending on the tour!) so everything is nicely intimate & enjoyable!;
- A mix of seated, and curb-side tastings;
- Tours of 2 hours minimum though most tours in our menu last 3 hours;
- Highlights of Bath’s legendary history alongside British food & drink history & customs, plus the lowdown on local food, drink & shopping hot spots;
- More food walking and less food talking so we can spend quality time enjoying the grub!;
- A Savouring Bath map of the city highlighting most of our suppliers so you can retrace your steps;
- An incredible foodie experience set to the stunning backdrop of the UK’s World Heritage city of Bath!
Meet the Savouring Bath Team!
A passionate tourism professional with over 25 years experience, Mike is a Yorkshireman who is also a bit of a self-confessed food snob! He loves high-end culinary establishments which present food which looks like a piece of art! But on the other side of the coin, he’ll always be happy with regular dish of good old comfort food created with tasty, local produce that reminds him of home!
Cheryl has been working with people as long as she can remember! After spending time teaching in both Madrid, and then in Bristol she settled in Bath, where she loves showing off the city to visitors from all over the world… especially the foodie scene which she has watched change so rapidly in recent years and has found the people who have created the wonderful new food outlets to be hugely inspiring and passionate about what they do!
Originally from the south west, Mark has always been a major foodie, and has travelled the world to try different food flavours & textures! Cooking at home is what he enjoys the most, but sharing good food is his greatest passion. Mark has established a strong connection with Bath’s culinary scene and is always quick to try out anything new which springs up in the city. He especially loves the famous farmers market each Saturday where you can often find him picking through the various edible delights to find inspiration for a new meal.
WHAT GUESTS SAY
The tour is more than just a shopping trip to local food purveyors.
The guide explains the history behind the town, the people, the culture, and how it all impacts the food you try as you explore the city.
The tour guide was a charming and most informative DELIGHT!
… My foodie heart is filled and my feet are tired but happy.
You are a gem, and I loved the way in which you presented the tour, with plenty of humour and energy!
The tour guide … has a wonderful way of bringing the information down to a personal level.
You don’t feel like you are some tour group being dragged from location to location.
You feel like a friend is taking you to see the places they love.
PRIVATE & CORPORATE GROUPS
We are delighted to host private groups of all types including families, hen parties, and corporate hospitality. We offer bespoke team building activities and food tours, and we are also available on a consultancy basis for food related tourism & event projects. Please enquire using the contact form below.